The following are services provided by Penn State Cooperative Extension of Lebanon County.
Provide adult informal education to farm families related to:
- Agronomy & field crops
- Corn, soybean, oat, barley and small grain
- Dairy & Livestock
- Alternative agricultural enterprises
- Marketing opportunities and alternatives
- Dairy herd health
Provide short classes and individual instruction about:
- Vegetable production
- Tree propagation
- Turf/ornamental horticulture
- Home grounds and gardening
- Plant disease and pest identification
Source for soil testing kits.
Provide family education related to:
- Human nutrition, health, and weight control
- Food selection & preparation
- Food safety and preservation
- Family financial management - consumer issues
- Family communication across generations
- Child development
- Child care provider training
- Parent education
- Coping skills for adults and youth
Youth development through the 4-H program, and school-based careers, embryology and plant science projects.
Water quality and quantity issues.
Home based business development.
Community awareness related to rural/urban interface and land use issues.