The Maple Street Community Center is located on the first floor of 710 Maple Street, Lebanon, PA 17042.
Center manager: Coleen Geyer
Phone number: (717) 273-1048
Center Open 8 AM to 2 PM daily
STAY ACTIVE THROUGH THE AGES!
Click the following links to see activities for:
Beginner’s paint class with Kim
The class will be taught every Monday at 10 am in the dining room area of the center starting Monday January 5th taught by Kim Moore. Kim is a self-taught artist that continues to encourage her students to try new and different techniques.
The cost for this program is $3 a week. You must provide all of your supplies. Call for more information.
MAPLE STREET SENIOR COMMUNITY CENTER BUS TRIPS
ALL Sign up schedules are Monday and Tuesday from 9:00 am to 11:00 AM at the Senior Center, 7th & Maple Streets, Lebanon, PA
Call 273-1048 for more information.
Most Bus trips depart from the Lebanon Wal-Mart
* 1 -- Least Walking
** 2 – Increased Walking
*** 3 -- More Walking
**** 4 -- Most Walking
FIRST SIGN UP IN NOVEMBER FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR JANUARY 2015
* WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 7 – Brunch at Sophie Light’s Victorian Farmhouse, Lebanon County and Her FABULOUS Christmas Decorations; Carpool From Center (Pre-register) $15.00 pp, depart 9:30 AM, Brunch at 10:00 AM
** WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 28 – Annual Progressive Meal Featuring “Unfolding the Mysteries of the Schaefferstown Area” – Lunch at Caruso’s.(Watch for flyer for more information)
FIRST SIGN UP IN DECEMBER FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR FEBRUARY 2015
*** WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11 – “Just a Bus Trip Full of Treats and Sweets”. Visit some of the Best Places to Buy Sweet Treats in the Lancaster County Area; Lunch at Diener’s Country Restaurant Buffet, cost TBA, depart 9:00 AM
FIRST SIGN UP IN JANUARY FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR MARCH 2015
* WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11 – Udder Choice and Bingo; bring your appetite for Udder Choice and your pennies for Bingo; cost $5.00; depart 10:30 AM
** SUNDAY, MARCH 15 – Kimmel Center – Philly Pops “American Songbook” then and now; Brunch at The Drafting Room enroute to Show, cost $115 all inclusive; depart 9:30 AM and return
7:30 PM; (Charter Bus)
** FRIDAY MARCH 27 – “Going to The Irish Pub”; Lunch at Annie Bailey’s in Lancaster and then to the Lancaster Museum of Art, cost TBA; depart 10:00 AM; lunch on your own
FIRST SIGN UP IN FEBRUARY FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR APRIL 2015
*** FRIDAY, APRIL 17 – Chartered Bus Trip to New York--A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour and a Driving Tour of Brooklyn Featuring Movie Sights; cost $95.00; depart 7:30 AM
* TUESDAY, APRIL 21 – Inn at Hunt’s Landing Matamoras for a Full Day of “Rock and Roll Memories”-- Music of the 50’s. Food is included; cost $54.00 inclusive; depart 8:00 AM, return 7:00 PM
FIRST SIGN UP IN MARCH FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR MAY 2015
* THURSDAY, MAY 7 – Sweet Remembrance Tea Room in Mechanicsburg; cost $38.00; depart 10:30 AM, return 3:00 PM
** FRIDAY, MAY 15 – Hidden Secrets in the Town of Reading; information will follow
FIRST SIGN UP IN APRIL FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR JUNE 2015
** WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3 -- Tour of Gettysburg: A Day in the Life of a Soldier and Museum Tour; more info will follow
*** FRIDAY, JUNE 19 – Our Annual Trip to Knoebel’s, cost $15 pp; depart 9:30 AM, $15 pp
FIRST SIGN UP IN MAY FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR JULY 2015
WEDNESDAY, JULY 15 – “TWIST AND SHOUT” Show at Hunterdon Hills Playhouse; cost $72.00; depart 9:00 AM, return 5:00 PM
* THURSDAY, JULY 23 – Ehrhardt’s by the Waterfront “Shake Rattle and Roll American Bandstand Show”cost TBA; depart 7:30 AM, return 7:00 PM
FRIDAY, JULY 31 – Mystery Trip; cost TBA; depart 8:00 AM
FIRST SIGN UP IN JUNE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR AUGUST 2015
* MONDAY, AUGUST 10 – “Riverview Inn” Matamoras PA Indoor Bar B Q – Music/Dancing Entertainment and a Whole Lot of Vittles; cost $45.00; depart 8:00 AM, return 6:00 PM
** Tuesday, August 18 – Uncovering Bargains at Lancaster Boutiques, more information will follow
· THURSDAY AUGUST 26th – WEST SIDE STORY DUTCH APPLE DINNER THEATRE DEPART 10:15 AND RETURN 5 PM COST $61
FIRST SIGN UP IN JULY FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2015
* THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 – Horsing around in Hanover; more information will follow
* WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 – “The Van Dells” at Penn’s Peak DEPART 9:30 AND RETIURN 6 PM COST $61
FIRST SIGN UP IN AUGUST FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR OCTOBER 2015
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8 – Free Volunteer Trip, More information will follow
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16 – Mystery Trip; more information will follow
FIRST SIGN UP IN SEPTEMBER FOR SPECIAL EVENTS FOR NOVEMBER 2015
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12 – Hunterdon Hills Playhouse Christmas Show; cost $77; depart 9:00 AM, return 6:00 PM
* WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18 – American Music Theater Christmas Show, 10:30 AM Matinee; cost $49; depart 9:00 AM, return 4:00 PM; Lunch at Oregon Dairy on your own
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 16th – CHRISTMAS TOUR OF BRYN ATHYN CATHEDRAL CAIRNWOOD ESTATES AND GLEN CAIRN MUSEUM –MORE INFO TO COME
MAPLE STREET SENIOR COMMUNITY CENTER
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15 – Valentine Dance at the Maple Street Center Featuring Rhonda Lee and The Don Johnson Trio…Free for Seniors 60 Years and Over. Food Available for Purchase
MONDAY, MARCH 30– 50’s Night at Mel’s Diner, 4:00-6:00 PM—Burgers, Shakes and A Whole Lot of Dancing; Dress in 50’s attire; always lots of fun J
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1 – Catered Victorian Tea Party with Entertainment at the Senior Center; cost TBA
THURSDAY, JUNE 11 – “Summer Luau with Entertainment” (Picnic), $5.00 pp; 9:00 to 2:00 PM
- 9-10:15 AM -- Monday Morning Yoga
Kick Start Your Day And Get Your Week Started Right. We Are Offering A Monday Class With Phyllis. Her Credential Included A Physical Therapy Assistant As Well As Teaching At The Yoga Place. This May Be The Class For You!!!!
First Class Is Always Free; Subsequent Classes Will Be $5 Per Class.
Call For More Information
- 9-11 AM Bus Trip Sign up w/ Louise and Gerri
- 9-11 AM Art Class W/Kim Moore Cost $1.00
- 11:15 Weight Class for Toning Cost $3.00
- 12 Lunch Bunch – Location determined each week
- 8:30 Just Move Class W/ Laura Cost $ 3
- 8:30- 10 Bus Trip Sign Up W/ Mary Ellen and Gerri
- 9:30 Beginner's Line Dance W/ Peg Cost $3
- 10:15 Fun Dance W/ Peg Cost $3
- 11:15 Zumba gold Dance W/Sharon Cost $3
- Bingo Bunco Or Lunch W/ Friends- Please check monthly calendar
- 8:30 Walk & Talk Lebanon YMCA (meet in the lobby) Cost $1
- 9:00 Breakfast following walk Mel's Diner
- 10:15 Gentle Strength & Stretch - Library - Cost $3
11:15 Zumba Gold Dance W/ Sharon Cost $3
12:30 PM Just Move Exercise Cost $3
- 8:30 Light Aerobics
- 9 Breakfast W/ The Girls (one a month check schedule ) Cost $5
*Please feel free to bring your cards, games to play during our center hours
*Bingo , Bunco and other special monthly programs are on our calendar
*Monthly Bus Trips dates and times on our monthly calendar
Alive and Doing Well
Did you know that if you are 60 and over you have joined the fastest growing segment of the population in Lebanon County? Statistics prove that people who remain active physically and mentally are able to remain in their own homes longer. Guess what? There is a place in Lebanon Co. that will help you. It is the Maple Street Senior Community Center.
Our center will enrich your life by providing you with many avenues to choose from. We feature day bus trips, education, exercise, entertainment, volunteer opportunities and most importantly, fellowship and friendship.
All area residents 60 or older are invited to participate in these activities at the senior center. Come for food, come for fun, and come for fellowship. We have programs for everyone. Call the center for information or for our monthly calendar and bus trip schedule.
We are open most days 8 am – 2 pm. and the number is 273-1048. Just ask for Coleen the manager.
The senior center at Maple Street is supported and partially funded by:
The Lebanon County Area Agency on Aging which provides many other services for senior in Lebanon County
Back to the center's page